After doing those, I thought, what the heck and grabbed some red/white/blue fabrics and got started. After making several American Star blocks I made a 'mistake' and put the wrong color in the middle of the little star (blue, rather than white). Oh no, what to do, fix it? No! A new design is born. Then, tired of all those flying geese (I almost called the quilt 'Too many geese'!) I took a look at the 6" version, scaled it up to a 12" finished block and made a bunch for my alternate blocks (has 4 few geese per block!!!!). Sashing--I need to figure sashing....decided to add star points to the cornerstones, looks like an X from a distance, but you can see the stars close-up!
On design wall in progress
Finished up the sashing and decided to do the ribbon border from Victory Quilts (same size quilt so it worked out really easy--don' tknow the name of the part but you use the QST and HST part of Hope of Hartford to make the ribbon border. Need to take a pic! See finished version up top! (It made the book, her TV show and even Quilt mag.)