A red in picture
B blue in picture
C cream with image in center
A 2 squares @ 2 ¾” cut both diagonals (triangles)
4 strips 1 9/16” X 3 ¼” (trim later)
B 4 squares @ 2 ½” cut on one diagonal (large HST)
1 square @ 2 ¾ cut on both diagonals
1 square @ 3 ¾” cut on both diagonals (you will only use 2 of these large quarter-square triangles, see note)--for sewing to center rectangle
1 square @ 3 ¼” cut on both diagonals (you will use only 2 of the small quarter-square triangles, see note), for sewing to center rectangle
C 2 ½” X 3” image (center image)
1. Sew 2 large B (blue) Quarter-square triangles to each of the long sides of rectangle center. Press out
2. Sew 2 small B (blue) Quarter-square triangles to each of the short sides of rectangle center. Press out
NOTE: I just used the larger size quarter-square triangles and trimmed the center down to a square.
3. Sew large B HST diagonal to each side of red strip--be sure to let ¼” hang out at same end of strip! Make 4
4. Sew A (red) triangle (diagonal side) to each side of unit in step 3, let tips hang out! Make 4
5. Sew B (blue) triangle to each side of 2 of the units from step 4 (one of the short sides, see picture)
6. Sew remaining 2 units from step 4 to opposite sides of center unit from step 2. Press out
7. Sew units from step 5 to remaining two sides. Then trim to 6 ½” with corners of block in the center of the A (red) strips.
Whew! Done! Now go read page 110! Sorry I'm so late, life got in the way!!