Friday, August 21, 2015

A few more 'real' 19th Century conversationals

I found the 'dog on painter's pallet" that was released by Judie Rothermel in 2003 originally printed in Europe in March 1882.  This is only the second Victorian conversational print I've found that has been reproduced in recent times.
Several of the new/old crescent moons with stars are similar.
Found a picture on the web from a selection of 'mill engravings' (copper roller, I'm guessing) I love the bundles of fabrics on the lower left!

Here's a 'mill engraved roller print or discharge on dark grounds from 1885
 
One popular motif during the last 20 years or so has been an anchor.  Here are a few from 19th Century (or turn of Century!)
1887
1901 Manchester UK
 1883 Bradshaw Hammond
French 1885
 
1884 Watson & Co
1882
Love this last one!
Another 'arrow print and another Astrology print plus Badmitton below:
1883 Arnold Co (US?)

 1881

 1885 Schwabe & Son UK, Double Pinks!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

My mission for you (should you choose to accept it) is to present a paper at the AQSG (American Quilt Study Group) seminar in 2017 when it comes to Manchester, NH. It will be published in the annual publication, "Uncoverings" for all to enjoy. I think this would be fantastic!

Sally said...

that would be very cool. Too bad I live so very far away. I really should write everything up and send it to them!