Saturday, March 12, 2016

More delightful fabric scraps from the 19th Century French to Hearts

I  wish we could actually buy these (as well as all of the others!), fortunately there are hints of these now and then.  I recently picked up some dog heads from Silver Linings (Laundry Basket Quilts, Edyta Sitar) and birds from Songbird Primitives (Primitive Gatherings, Lisa Bongean) and I'm waiting for bees from Bee Creative (Moda, Deb Strain).  Here are a few more to delight you (sorry for any repeats!):


















4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Love your photos of the old conversationals, and the new fabrics too! Reminds me that I have an interesting conversational in an old charm quilt top.....will try to take a photo next week to send to you!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures. Every time you do one of these, I think about what kind of women, what kind of sewers and quilters, bought such fabrics. What kind of men wore shirts actually made from some of the shirtings?

Judith said...

I love the pictures of old fabrics.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I want them all! I especially love the colorful fruit one. Thanks for sharing.